Our consultants are problem solvers, they want front line organisations to have effective IT.
Do you want to improve your usage of IT but feel that you don’t have the necessary skills and knowledge to start or successfully manage such a project involving changes to your IT?
CITA’s IT Consultancy service is an opportunity for charities to receive guidance and support from experienced IT professionals well used to managing complex projects which are dependent upon IT.
What do we mean by IT?
Information Technology (IT) is a term used to describe how an organisation manages the storage and communication of the data it needs to achieve its operational and strategic objectives. It includes:
- Hardware and infrastructure, e.g. broadband, smartphones, laptops, PCs, networks (wired and wireless), security, cloud services.
- Internal systems and processes to increase organisational efficiency, e.g. accounting system, document management system, customer relationship management system.
- Flexible communication tools for service users and other stakeholders, e.g. web sites, e-newsletters, social media, video conferencing, online design tools.
- Service delivery, e.g. databases, case management, web-based forms, client surveys.
- Digital-first products and services, e.g. mobile apps, virtual reality apps, medical devices.
Why would you use our IT Consultancy Service?
- To help scope, define and manage an IT project.
- To gain external, objective advice and recommendations.
- To gain access to our volunteers’ specialized expertise.
- To have access to temporary help during a one-time project where the hiring of a permanent employee(s) is prohibitive.
- To assist with outsourcing all or part of your IT services.
What are the benefits of using this service?
- Our Volunteers have many years’ experience designing and implementing IT solutions in a variety of organisations of differing sizes and operating in many different business sectors.
- Our volunteers use their experience from previous assignments to solve the problems and challenges that you face. Our volunteers study, consider the facts, ask questions, challenge the norm and then make a recommendation or a decision.
- They will work in partnership with you to provide you with advice on how to use IT in order to meet your organisation’s objectives.
- They will work with you to improve the structure and efficiency of your IT, by providing strategic guidance on how best to improve it to ensure your processes are as efficient and cost effective as possible.
- Our Volunteers can provide guidance and relevant expertise in such areas as supplier selection IT procurement and user training.
- Their input can help to ensure that your IT projects are managed cost effectively through guidance in areas such as business process change, system design and project management.
Bring them in and they get the work done!
Please note an IT Consultancy Volunteer does not become an executive of the charity. They won’t, for example, be expected to:
- Act as a helpdesk or fix day-to-day technical issues
- Directly supervise suppliers, Volunteers or staff
- Write detailed policy/procedure documents
Is it expensive?
The volunteers provide their time and experience for free.
CITA is a small Charity which inevitably attracts some operational costs (ca £33,000 p.a. in 2018). Unfortunately, we have to make a small administration charge to cover these costs if we are to continue in operation. The administration charge for finding a volunteer to perform your IT Consultancy is:
Charity income below £50,000: No Charge
Charity income £50,000 to £5,000,000: £150
Charity income above £5,000,000: £750
Please note that a Charity must first register with CITA before any services can be requested and Charities are asked to pay an administration charge to cover the registration process. The administration charge for registration is:
Charity income below £50,000: No Charge
Charity income £50,000 to £5,000,000: £99
Charity income above £5,000,000: £150
What do I do now?