We want to help your organisation be accessible, effective and efficient
What is a Tech Surgery (CITA Review)?
An opportunity to take a step back and review all of your organisation’s usage of IT.
We will match you with an IT Volunteer who has many years of professional experience and will perform an independent review of your current usage of IT to help you develop a digital (IT) strategy in support of your key objectives.
What do we mean by IT (Tech)?
Our Volunteers can review and make recommendations on your overall use of IT:
- Hardware and infrastructure, e.g. broadband, smartphones, laptops, PCs, networks (wired and wireless), security, cloud services.
- Internal systems and processes to increase organisational efficiency, e.g. accounting system, document management system, customer relationship management system.
- Flexible communication tools for service users and other stakeholders, e.g. web sites, e-newsletters, social media, video conferencing, online design tools.
- Service delivery, e.g. databases, case management, web-based forms, client surveys.
- Digital-first products and services, e.g. mobile apps, virtual reality apps, medical devices.
IT is always evolving – we can help you keep up to date
Benefits of our Tech Surgery (CITA Review):
- Access to an extensive database of Volunteers, who want to help and support Charities,
- A summary report including recommendations, which can become your digital strategy, an essential component of any funding request.
- Assurance that your set up is as cost effective as possible minimising your operational cost whilst maintaining effective IT.
- We provide you with the relevant knowledge to make IT related decisions, all that you need to provide is a small amount of your time.
Our Volunteers live Tech and are here to advise and inspire you!
Our Volunteers take into account your organisations:
- Current understanding of Tech.
- Available resources, including funding, staff and volunteers.
- Existing processes.
- Financial constraints
- Any other relevant factors.
What to expect:
- A 2 hour conversation (face to face or electronically) to discuss your Charity’s current use of Tech and your aspirations for the future.
- A summary report including recommendations following that conversation.
This review ensures you are efficient as well as cost effective and can be repeated annually/bi-annually or as needed to ensure continuity
What are the costs?
CITA is a small charity, and funding is often the most challenging part of fulfilling our aims. Whilst we try to cover our modest running costs through funding from partners, grants and other sources, we also ask that charities contribute towards the administrative costs of providing the services required.
The volunteers registered with CITA provide their services on a pro bono basis, i.e. free of charge.
The administration fee is only charged to charities with an annual income over £50,000, and for a Tech Surgery (CITA Review service), the one-off fee is £100. The admin fee is payable within 30 days from the date that your request goes live to our volunteers.
Tech Surgery (CITA Review Service)
Charity income below £50,000: No Charge
Charity income above £50,000: £100
COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT: To support our charities in these unprecedented times, and help them move online to deliver their services and charitable aims, we are making the Tech Surgery (a CITA Review service) FREE to every charity.
Please note that a Charity must register with CITA before any services can be requested. Registration is free of charge.
What do I do now?