We ask that every volunteer reads and accepts this agreement. By registering as a volunteer, you agree that:
- You, or companies from which you receive direct benefit, or in which you have a personal interest, will not be introduced for commercial purposes to the Charity clients of CITA.
- If you mention any particular technology or pricing you must ensure that the Charity is aware that this is not a recommendation but merely market intelligence that you are sharing. You must ensure that they are aware of the need to conduct their own due diligence in any supplier selection process.
- You will only use this site for voluntary activity and not as a way of finding paid work.
- You will engage with the Charity in a spirit of exploration. A placement works well if it’s a good fit for everyone and you can only find this out by discussion. An application for a role does not imply commitment, and it’s always OK for either party to decide not to proceed.
- You will reply quickly and politely to all communications from the Charity you are volunteering for and will never leave them unclear about your intentions.
- You will always be realistic about what you can offer, especially time and skills.
- You will maintain your information with CITA to ensure it is always current especially with regard to availability and skills.
- You will ensure that the information requested from CITA about an engagement is always kept up-to-date.
- You will ensure that confidentiality is maintained by not sharing with anyone any information that the Charity may disclose during your project.
- You agree that any work that you produce must be delivered to the CITA Charity client at the end of the engagement, even if it is not complete, and grant a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly display and distribute any intellectual property which you create in connection with the engagement.
In addition there are a few things which will avoid misunderstandings and provide CITA with helpful information to ensure the overall process is as efficient as possible:
- If you will need travel expenses please agree these with the Charity before committing to the volunteer role.
- The Charity must book an appointment within 10 days of you first contacting them. If they do not then please inform the CITA Admin (email@example.com) who can chase up on your behalf. Charities using the CITA service sign up to an obligation for professional communication and appointment management.
- If a Charity cancels or fails to attend an appointment more than twice then please inform CITA Admin (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will contact the charity and cancel their requested service.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)